Feel free to Like or Share this page on Facebook.
Medical Marijuana Clinic of Louisiana
- We opened in March 2018, making us the first medical marijuana specialty clinic in Louisiana.
- Our official website CHOUMD.COM has received over 300,000 total page views, making it the most visited medical marijuana website in Louisiana.
- We provide important information through our official website CHOUMD.COM, clinic Facebook page, YouTube videos, Ask Dr. Chou LIVE Facebook video broadcasts, View Our Tips blog, Louisiana Association of Medical Marijuana Professionals Facebook group, and Patient Newsletter, keeping our patients and the public continuously educated and informed.
- We have treated over 2,000 patients, making us one of the most sought after medical marijuana specialists in Louisiana.
- Our new patient consultation lasts up to 30 minutes, making it the most extensive medical marijuana consultation in Louisiana.
Dr. Victor H Chou, M.D.
- Is the Founder and Medical Director of the Medical Marijuana Clinic of Louisiana.
- Is the Founder of the Louisiana Association of Medical Marijuana Professionals.
- Has devoted over 6,000 lifetime hours to the practice of medical marijuana.
- Talks to you live during our monthly Ask Dr. Chou LIVE Facebook video broadcasts.
- Has spoken over a dozen times about medical marijuana before the Louisiana House Health and Wellness Committee, Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners, Louisiana Board of Pharmacy, Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry, Mississippi State Legislature, and American College of Physicians.
- Has appeared in dozens of media reports including WVLA, WAFB, Fox 8, Associated Press, National Public Radio, WRKF, 337 Magazine, Advocate, 225 Magazine, and Times-Picayune.
Our address is 12011 Bricksome Ave. Suite D. Baton Rouge, LA 70816.
We are located off I-12 at Exit 4 – Sherwood Forest Blvd.
We are available 9am to 4pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. We are closed Wednesdays, Fridays, and weekends. However, our schedule, services, and hours of operation are subject to change without advanced notice.
We can be reached by phone, text, and email for NON-EMERGENCY communications. We DO NOT accept walk-in patients at the clinic for any reason.
If you are having any type of medical emergency, please call 911.
We are glad to offer our services during our operating hours, but we DO NOT offer consultations, advice, services, care, or refills after hours. If medical care is required when our office is closed, we request that you contact your regular doctor or call 911 if there is a medical emergency.
- Clinic Consultation – $200 for a New Patient Clinic Consultation and $100 for a Followup Clinic Consultation every 3 months thereafter
- Virtual Visit – Eligible patients may be able to have Virtual Visits in place of Clinic Consultations
During each visit, the doctor will confirm your qualifying medical diagnosis, discuss your symptoms and goals, review your medication history including medical marijuana usage, formulate an individualized treatment plan, provide followup plans, answer any questions that you may have, and submit a medical marijuana recommendation to your dispensary.
We may charge a $50 phone consultation fee if complex changes are required to your recommendation or you have a question or issue that requires significant staff or physician time to address.
Due to the length and individualized nature of your consultation, A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is collected at the time an In Person Clinic Consultation is scheduled. This deposit is applied towards your $200 consultation fee. If you miss your scheduled consultation for any reason (such as cancellation, no-show, or rescheduling), you will forfeit your deposit.
You may incur a separate fee for services which are NOT included in the consultation fee. Additional fees will usually be disclosed upfront.
These include, but are not limited to, completion of forms, coordination with your health care providers, or providing medical records.
Please note that the only clinical service we provide is medical marijuana recommendations for patients participating in the Louisiana medical marijuana program. We do not provide any other treatments or prescribe any other medications and we cannot help you obtain medical marijuana from sources other than Louisiana licensed medical marijuana dispensaries.
You will need to maintain a relationship with other physicians for primary followup of your qualifying medical condition.
Insurance does not reimburse us for the specialized and extensive consultations that we provide. Thus, we do not accept insurance. We accept credit cards, debit cards, Venmo, and Zelle. We do not accept cash or checks.
Due to the extensive preparations we make for each consultation, we do not take walk-ins for any reason.
Due to the length and individualized nature of your consultation, A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is collected at the time an In Person Clinic Consultation is scheduled.
If you cancel, no-show, or reschedule your consultation for any reason, you will forfeit your deposit.
We may elect to complete forms, such as work forms, FMLA forms, or insurance forms, at our discretion. There may be a fee to complete these forms.
Completion of medical marijuana recommendation forms are included in your consultation fee.
If you would like copies of your medical records, please contact our office. There may be a fee to provide copies of your medical records.
- We collect protected health information.
- We use your protected health information to provide medical marijuana consultations and recommendations.
- We use email, text, phone, voice mail, and postal mail to communicate with our patients.
- Some methods of communications are unsecured and inadvertent release of protected health information may occur.
- If you are a patient at our clinic, you allow us to communicate with you through any of the above methods.
- Please contact us for more information about our clinic’s privacy policies.
Items to Bring
Unexpired Government issued photo ID
For example unexpired Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Military ID, or Passport. The ID must have your name, date of birth, and your picture. The picture on the ID must be an accurate representation of your current appearance.
Proof of Louisiana Residency
For example Utility Bill, Bank Statement, or Government letter, with a Louisiana address.
Proof of a Debilitating Medical Condition
Types of information that can substantiate a debilitating medical condition
- Photos of current prescriptions
- Medication list from a pharmacy
- Notes from a recent doctor’s visit
- List of diagnoses from an online patient portal
- Radiology reports
An information packet will be sent to you after your consultation has been scheduled. You will need to bring a signed copy to each in person consultation.
Method of Payment
We accept credit and debit cards. We do not accept cash or checks.
You may need to provide a urine sample at the clinic for urine drug screening.
Usage of our online services or obtaining information about our clinic does not constitute a physician-patient relationship. A physician-patient relationship is established only when you have presented to our clinic for an in person consultation. Even if you are a patient of our clinic, information provided online may not be suitable for your individual health situation and you should always consult with Dr. Chou about your specific medical situation.
Information provided online is for educational purposes only. While we offer information that we feel is beneficial, this advice is general in nature and does not constitute medical advice. The information we provide may not be right for your individual circumstance. You should always consult with your own doctor for individualized medical advice.
While you may voluntarily provide it, we do not ask for protected health information online. We ask that you refrain from leaving protected health information through electronic means, such as email, voice mail, or text. We cannot guarantee the protection of your protected health information if you voluntarily provide it to us through unsecured channels.
While we will not generally release your information to uninvolved third parties and while we will try our utmost to protect your privacy, we do not guarantee that your privacy will be protected from hacking, malicious activity, or other disclosures, and we do not guarantee that you or your devices will not be adversely affected by malware, spam, offensive content, or other malicious behavior.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We may feature products or services. We may be compensated to feature these products or services. While we do our best to check the claims regarding the products or services that we feature, we do not guarantee the accuracy or performance of the featured products or services or that the products or services we feature will meet your specific needs. Companies or organizations for whom we feature their product or service may have input into how their product or service is featured.
Feel free to Like or Share this page on Facebook.