Feel free to Like or Share this page on Facebook.
1) Review Clinic Policies
If you are interested in becoming a new patient at our clinic, please perform the following steps to Request a Consultation with Doctor Chou.
Please note that due to the coronavirus public health emergency, we are currently performing Virtual Visits through video chat on your smartphone and you DO NOT physically come to the clinic.
The fee is $200 for a New Patient Virtual Visit and $100 for each Followup Virtual Visit every 3 months. We do not accept any forms of insurance.
We collect a $50 Non-Refundable Deposit when you schedule your New Patient Virtual Visit and the remaining $150 consultation fee at the time of your Virtual Visit. We accept credit cards, debit cards, Venmo, and Zelle.
Please be advised that we may not be allowed to continue Virtual Visits after the public health emergency has passed and that In Person Clinic Consultations in Baton Rouge may be required at that point.
Our clinic provides the medical marijuana recommendation only. You will purchase the medical marijuana, which comes in non-flower and non inhalable forms including topicals and tinctures, separately from one of the 9 state licensed dispensaries.
Full details about our clinic and the Louisiana Medical Marijuana program are available here:
2) Verify Debilitating Medical Condition
Please note that you MUST be a Louisiana resident and you MUST have a Debilitating Medical Condition.
In general, a Debilitating Medical Condition is a CURRENT and CHRONIC condition whose symptoms cause SIGNIFICANT problems with everyday functioning despite conventional medical treatment.
During your 30 minute consultation, we will discuss your symptoms and review your medical records to determine if your condition qualifies as a Debilitating Medical Condition. We will also determine if there are any significant issues that would preclude treatment with medical marijuana.
Just because you have a Debilitating Medical Condition does not guarantee that you will receive a medical marijuana recommendation or that medical marijuana will benefit you. There is no refund if a recommendation is not provided or if the treatment does not work as intended.
Debilitating Medical Conditions could include:
- Abdominal Pain, Addiction, ADHD, Arthritis, AIDS, Alzheimer’s, ALS, Anxiety, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Back Pain
- Cachexia, Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Crohn’s, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Kidney Disease, Cirrhosis, Cystitis, Concussion
- Dementia, Depression, Endometriosis, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Glaucoma, Headaches, Hepatitis C, HIV, Huntington’s
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Intractable Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Insomnia, Joint Pain, Lewy Body Dementia, Lupus
- Motor Neuron Disease, Muscle Spasms, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Neck Pain, Neurodegenerative Disease, OCD, Nausea, Neuropathy
- Parkinson’s, PTSD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Seizures, Sickle Cell Disease, Spasticity, Spinal Cord Injury, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Stroke
- Traumatic Brain Injury, Tourette’s, Wasting Syndrome
Other conditions not specifically listed may also be considered a Debilitating Medical Condition.
Patients who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses or end stage diseases, are unable to work or attend school due to their medical condition, are receiving hospice or palliative care, or receive assistance with daily tasks through home health or facility care, will likely also have an underlying Debilitating Medical Condition.
3) Complete Request Consultation Form
To request a new patient consultation, please submit the Request Consultation form AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
We MUST receive a completed Request a Consultation Form in order to schedule you for a consultation.
4) Download Zoom Video Chat App
We will provide step by step instructions for using Zoom prior to your Virtual Visit.
5) Submit Proof of Debilitating Medical Condition
You will need to submit PROOF of a Debilitating Medical Condition. We WILL NOT be able to provide a medical marijuana recommendation if you cannot provide PROOF of a Debilitating Medical Condition.
Types of information that can substantiate a debilitating medical condition:
- Photos of current prescriptions
- Medication list from a pharmacy
- Provider notes from a recent medical visit
- List of diagnoses from an online patient portal
- Radiology or laboratory reports
The information can be:
- emailed to email@example.com
- faxed to 618-509-9175
- texted to 225-800-3162
- mailed to 12011 Bricksome Ave. Suite D. Baton Rouge, LA 70816
6) Pay Non-Refundable Deposit and Schedule Virtual Visit
We will email and text you instructions to pay the Non-Refundable Deposit and schedule your Virtual Visit with Dr. Chou. We accept credit cards, debit cards, Venmo, and Zelle.
Please be aware that once your consultation is scheduled, if it is cancelled, rescheduled, or missed for any reason you would forfeit your Non-Refundable Deposit.
We can usually perform your consultation within a few business days of your initial request.
We will also send you an Information Packet that needs to be reviewed and signed before your consultation.
7) Perform Virtual Visit with Dr. Chou
We look forward to connecting with you and performing your Virtual Visit with Doctor Chou.
If you meet all qualifications, a recommendation will be submitted to the dispensary immediately after your consultation and you can start your treatment right away.
Feel free to Like or Share this page on Facebook.